Are you interested in furthering your education at the Institute of Technology? We would love to have you join our family, there are just some simple requirements applicants must meet.
Students interested in attending the Institute of Technology at our Salem, Oregon, campus must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Students applying at our California campuses must be a minimum of 17 years of age, have the written consent of a parent or guardian and possess one of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent (documented through the presentation of a high school diploma, a transcript provide by the high school, or an official statement from the high school showing verification of high school graduation signed by an authorized school official), or
- Eligible Career Pathways Program (ECPP Students must be 18 or older); or
- Valid government or state-issued GED; or
- Successful completion of an official recognized and accredited homeschooling program. Students who apply and present a diploma or certificate evidencing completion of homeschooling or an approved and accredited online high school program will be required to pass an entrance examination.
Foreign education documents from outside the United States or its territories that cannot be immediately confirmed as valid proof of high school completion by a college official must be submitted for assessment with a third-party evaluation agency at the prospective student’s expense.
Assessment of prior education, motivation, work experience, employment potential and general aptitude for training is made at this time. Each applicant is assessed individually. The Campus President may be called upon to make appropriate determinations in special cases.
- Students enrolling in degree programs at the Institute of Technology must possess evidence of high school graduation or the equivalent as stipulated on the previous page and achieve the appropriate passing score on the required entrance examination.
- Students who have delinquent student loans from this or any other institution, must resolve the delinquent status of those loans in order to be considered for enrollment. Students who have previously defaulted on a student loan will not be considered for admission.
For the Admissions Requirments for specific programs, please view our Catalog.
Request information today to speak to an Admissions Represntative and start your new career!