Institute of Technology offers placement support and assistance to all graduates regardless of how long they have been out of school. If you are a recent graduate or graduated years ago, our Career Services Team is here to help you!
The Career Services Teams are here to help our students and graduates reach their goal of starting a new career. Institute of Technology believes that learning how to job search is an extension of the education process teaching our graduates valuable, life-long skills and the importance of becoming active participants in their job search and career development. These job seeking skills help facilitate a smooth transition from student, to graduate, to job seeker, to employee.
The primary purpose of Institute of Technology’s Career Services Department is to educate, support, engage, inspire and provide the necessary tools and resources that will help our students and graduates with finding employment in their chosen career path.
Building Community Relationships
Our objective is to partner and develop long-lasting relationships with employers by delivering educated and motivated graduates to the workforce in the communities our campuses serve. Institute of Technology strives to be known as the “go-to” College when employers have hiring needs that meet the outcomes of the programs offered at our campuses.
How Career Services Helps
- Guidance through cover letter, resume and thank you letter preparation
- How to interview and gain confidence in the interview process
- How to develop job search strategies
- Assist with portfolio development
- Provide career coaching
- How to follow up after submitting applications, resumes and interviews
- Learning how to network and build industry contacts
- Complete career workshops and classroom presentations
- Provides computer and fax access
- Submittal of resumes of qualified graduates to employers for open positions
- Assist in identifying appropriate job leads
- Coordinate interviews at an employer site or on campus
- Host on campus career fairs and attend community hiring events
- Maintain and update job postings
Although Institute of Technology cannot guarantee employment, our Career Services Teams have extensive experience in assisting motivated graduates with finding employment. As an Institute of Technology alumni, you will have access to the Career Services teams throughout your career.