Institute of Technology Salem is committed to state, national and global efforts to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19, while appropriately continuing the essential activities
of providing students with high-quality, college level career education.
Effective Tuesday, March 23, 2020, Institute of Technology will move to a higher level of response that continues the essential operations of the college, but seeks to reduce the frequency of interactions among students, faculty, staff and visitors throughout all campuses, clinicals and externship sites. Our focus is on continued college operations and implementing necessary steps to assist in reducing the risk and spread of COVID-19.
In taking these steps, we remain mindful and informed by the public health guidance of our local county health departments, the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC.
- Campuses shall remain open during this time with essential staff.
- The suspension for in-person instructional activities at Higher Education institutions is lifted effective June 13, 2020 (per Executive Order 20-17; extending Executive Order 20-09). Therefore, beginning June 22, 2020 all programs have been provided modified schedules; allowing for one day on campus (not to exceed 5 hours in length) to allow for social distancing.
- All classes will also continue to be taught through distance education.
- Applicable lab courses will utilize maximum social distancing and PPE measures in the classroom.
- All outside clinical and/or externship experiences are offered on a case-by-case basis.