IOT Fast Facts
- 180-hour externship at a local industry kitchen
- This program has been granted programmatic accreditation by the American Culinary Federation’s Educational Foundation (ACFEF)
There’s never been a better time to turn your passion for food into an exciting career. Are you ready to take your culinary passion to the next level?
Make Your Culinary Dreams a Reality
At IOT, get the hands-on experience you need to succeed in the food industry. Our Culinary Arts Diploma will help you develop fundamental culinary preparation and presentation skills while also focusing on more specialized areas such as:
- Garde Manger
- Contemporary and international cuisine preparation
Your Program Benefits
IOT designs program schedules with your busy lifestyle in mind. You can take advantage of these benefits:
- 180-hour externship in an industry kitchen
- Personal uniform and cutlery set provided in program cost
- Preparation for ServSafe exams and American Culinary Certification standards for Safety and Sanitation, Supervisory Management, and Nutrition
Potential Career Paths
With IOT’s culinary arts training, you can pursue a variety of roles in food service and catering. Get the skills to become a:
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Catering Specialist
- Line Chef
Where Can I Work?
Here is an industry job trend breakdown*:
- Restaurants and other eateries – 46%
- Traveler accommodation establishments – 11%
- Special food services – 10%
- Amusement and recreation organizations 6%
Students who successfully complete the program will be documented as “Graduate” and as proof of such accomplishment will receive a Culinary Arts Diploma.
Hours of Instruction/Program Length
This program is 880 hours and 52 quarter credit hours. Classes are held Monday through Thursday for 40 weeks. An independent study component is included.
See your admissions representative for available class times.
If you’re searching for the right California culinary school, contact IOT today to request information about our accelerated programs.