Independence Day Quiz
In honor of our Founding Fathers, let’s take a ol' fashion history quiz! How much do you know about The USA?
1. What was our country's first constitution called?
A) The Articles of Confederation
B) The Declaration of Independence
C) The "Federalist Paper"
D) The Emancipation Proclamation
2. Laws for The United States are made by:
A) The President
B) The Senate
D) The Supreme Court
3. The longest possible time a person can now serve as president is:
A) 4 years
B) 8 years
C) 10 years
D) 12 years
4. Our first vice-president was:
A) Alexander Hamilton
B) Thomas Jefferson
C) Benjamin Franklin
D) John Adams
5. The bill of rights is:
A) The first ten amendments
B) The fifteenth amendment
C) The entire constitution
D) All of the amendments
6. How many constitutions has the United States had?
7. Benjamin Franklin wanted America to have a king, not a president.
8. In the United States, a person can be convicted of treason only if:
A) The jury finds probable cause
B) There are at least two witnesses to the same act or the person confesses in court
C) The person has been compelled to testify against him or herself
D) Both a and b
9. What does it mean when an accused criminal "pleads the fifth"?
A) He wants to exercise his right to an attorney
B) He refuses to testify against himself
C) He agrees to testify against someone else in exchange for immunity
D) He believes he is wrongfully accused
10. John Adams was the first president to live in the White House.