Two Excellent Modesto Weekend Getaway Destinations
Even though the large and beautiful city of Modesto, California, has much to offer its residents, it's still fun for everyone to branch out to other nearby spots for a special weekend adventure. Regardless of what type of getaway you are looking for, you won't have to drive very far from Modesto to find anything that you could possibly want. Both of these popular California destinations are less than a three-hour driving trip from Modesto.
Yosemite National Park
If your getaway plans call for getting back to nature, then you are sure to enjoy yourself on this gorgeous 747,956 acres that reach across the magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains. You can expect to enjoy all that nature has to offer and so much more.
- Amazing Golfing Opportunities: Those who believe it's not a real vacation without a superior game of golf won't be disappointed when they choose this location. You will find three amazing courses to enjoy your game. Wawona, Sierra Meadows and River Creek all offer excellent golfing on courses that are surrounded by the natural beauty of the area.
- Ascent Spa: Considered one of the finest spas in the world, you will find everything you need to feel completely relaxed and well. Surrounded by the beauty and comforting sound of waterfalls, you can indulge in a variety of services that combine holistic ingredients and ancient techniques to achieve the very best results. Choose from treatments that include anti-aging procedures and several different types of massage. You may also work out in the gym and spend some time in the sauna and steam room.
- Nature Abounds: Get your fill of nature with a hike among the many amazing waterfalls, groves of giant sequoia, granite cliffs and plentiful crystal-clear streams. Those in good shape will enjoy the long winding hike up Glacier Point, and you will adore the gorgeous panoramic views once you've reached the top.
You couldn't possibly pick a better nearby destination if a beach getaway is on your mind. Enjoy everything that the mighty Pacific Ocean has to offer and so much more.
- Main Beach: You'll find more than one beach in the area, but this is the one that has it all. A gorgeous swimming area is inviting to those who love to swim, and you'll also find perfect conditions for surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving and several beach volleyball courts. The fun and busy boardwalk is right there as well, and you will find great food, fun games, exciting rides and neat shops.
- The Spa at Chaminade: If you are looking for an oasis of serenity, then you have found exactly the right place. Beautifully located on a bluff overlooking the amazing Santa Cruz Mountains, you will be offered innovative therapies that are designed to completely restore your mind, body and soul. Come away with baby-fresh skin following a diamond microdermabrasion treatment, or you may bid farewell to your headache or allergy symptoms following a special aromatherapy massage.
- Amazing Tours: The city offers an abundance of tours. These include dolphin and whale-watching cruises, fishing charters that give you a chance to hook the big one, sailing charters and kayaking adventures. You may also enjoy a delicious food tour, an exciting Segway tour along the waterfront and an invigorating backpack trip through some truly beautiful mountains.
These are just two of the many excellent destinations where you can spend the perfect weekend near Modesto. Set out to explore, and you are sure to find a wonderful array of fantastic places to visit and things to do in beautiful northern California.