7 Super Easy Super Bowl Party Foods
Not everyone likes football, but most of us welcome another opportunity to hang out with friends and eat good food. If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party this year, or even just bringing a dish over to a friend’s house, these super easy Super Bowl party foods are sure to be a hit.
No sports-related party is complete without a nice big bowl of guacamole. This recipe takes just minutes to prepare. (Serves 4)
3-4 medium avocados
1 medium tomato
2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
2-3 tablespoons lime juice to taste
1) Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Scoop out insides, cut into cubes, then place in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Cut tomato into small pieces and remove the seeds. Cut up jalapeno (leave seeds in for more heat). Dice the onion and cilantro. Place the veggies in a bowl, then mix together with your spices.
3) Smash the avocados using a wooden dowel, pastry cutter or fork until smooth with minimal chunks. Add the veggie and spice combination to the bowl and mix.
Pro Tip: Top with crunchy bacon pieces for added flavor.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
As far as dips go, it doesn’t get much easier than this creamy classic. (Serves 4)
10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach
14 ounce can of unmarinated artichoke hearts
1 cup mayo (light mayo also works if you want to cut calories)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large garlic clove
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze to drain the water. Drain the can of artichokes and chop into smaller pieces. Press the garlic clove.
3) Stir the spinach, artichoke pieces, mayo, Parmesan cheese and garlic together in an oven-safe casserole dish. Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
Baked, Marinated Buffalo Wings
Start this recipe the night before the big game and give these wings a chance to soak up your spicy marinade. (Serves 4)
3 pounds chicken wings (with the skin for more flavor)
1 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo Wings sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1) To make the marinade, mix all ingredients (minus the wings) together in a large plastic bag.
2) Rinse chicken wings with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
3) Add wings to the marinade mix and place in fridge overnight.
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5) Place chicken wings on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan and bake for 55 minutes. Turn the wings halfway through. Turn the broiler on high for the last 8 minutes, baking 4 minutes on each side for a crispier result.
Deluxe Veggie Nachos
If you know somebody who’s a vegetarian, they’ll appreciate that you’ve gone the extra mile to make something they can enjoy. The best part – you’ll enjoy this recipe, too. (Serves 6-8)
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
16 ounces Mozzarella cheese (add other cheeses if desired)
½ cup chopped green onions
14 ounce can of sliced black olives
1 small can enchilada sauce
1 small can green chilies
1 cup sour cream
1 cup guacamole (This is optional, but who are we kidding?)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Layer the tortilla chips in the bottom of a large, lightly oiled casserole dish.
3) Top the chips evenly with green onions, black olives and green chilies (leave extra for garnish).
4) Drizzle enchilada sauce over the top. Be careful not to soak the chips. You don’t have to use the whole can.
5) Top with mozzarella, or your combination of cheeses. Place in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
6) Let the nachos cool for 2-3 minutes. Top with sour cream, guacamole and the extra green onions, olives and green chilies.
Ro*Tel® Queso With Beef
Possibly the easiest recipe on this list – with a twist. (Serves a large group)
1 block Velveeta® cheese (use the kind made with 2% milk to cut calories)
1 can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
10 ounces ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1) Cut Velveeta® block into 1 inch cubes and place in slow cooker on high.
2) Wait until cheese is melted. Turn slow cooker to low and add the can of Ro*Tel®.
3) Add ground beef and taco seasoning to a skillet and brown over medium-high heat.
4) After beef is fully cooked, add it to the cheese mixture. Turn the slow cooker to the lowest setting and stir regularly. Serve with tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sliders
What Super Bowl party is complete without a little barbecue flavor? Add this dish to your buffet for a little sweet and spicy variety. (Serves 8-10)
4 large skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 slice white bread
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 dozen rolls
1) Soak 1 slice white bread with water and mash until it becomes a paste.
2) Mix brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce and white bread paste together in a bowl.
3) Add chicken breasts and mixture to slow cooker. Cook on low for 3½ hours.
4) Shred chicken with two forks. Continue to cook for one more hour.
5) Mix thoroughly and serve on rolls. Add pickles or spicy coleslaw for a savory kick.
3 Cheese Garlic Bread with Caramelized Onions
This recipe is something most of your partygoers probably haven’t seen. It combines bread, cheese and sweet caramelized onion; what’s not to like? (Serves 8)
1 loaf French bread sliced in half lengthwise
½ cup softened butter
1 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
¼ cup mayo
1 cup chopped green onions
2 garlic cloves, puréed
½ large sliced yellow onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the sliced yellow onion and cook until slightly brown. Drip water over onions as needed to prevent them from burning or drying out. Remove from heat.
3) Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic and caramelized onion in a bowl until well blended.
4) Spread evenly over the two halves of bread. Place bread in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Broil for 3 additional minutes to achieve a gooey, browned top.
5) Cut into slices and serve.