20 Things You Never Knew About Our Modesto Instructors
At IOT, our instructors are what make our programs excellent. Here are some fun facts that you may not know about our instructors at the Modesto campus.
- The Medical Department is so old we have over 80 years of experience as a team
- Rhonda has held 7 medical titles and 6 certificates
- Alan was a deputy (so don’t mess with him)
- Bart Conner was once Mayor of Hughson
- Felton Payne played Semi-Pro football
- Danny Key traveled all the way to South Korea to receive his Tae Kwon Do Black Belt
- Jack Smith drives a Shelby Cobra sports car
- Ryan Mayfield grew up breaking horses on the family ranch and participated in the rodeo (team-roping)
- Chef Instructors have well over 100 years of combined experience
- Chefs cook and eat bugs here…crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside
- Most chefs also grow gardens…we are what we teach
- Charles Austin played short stop for the Royals
- He also knows 12 computer programming languages
- Kayaked from NY to Canada
- Stella Beratlis is the poet/author of Alkali Sink (Sixteen Rivers Press, 2015).
- Nancy Tiffany has written and presented a paper at the Society for Organizational Behavior.
- Patricia Bryte lived in Panama and studied French. She was able to use her knowledge to transcribe messages in French for Lazar Piro.
- Patricia Bryte had a TV show and a radio program called AssyriaVision on Bet-Nahrain (land between two rivers
- Chris Chaney did his internship in Eastern Africa. He was able to travel around and survey community development projects in 200 villages in Uganda. He also experienced village life and slept in a mud hut.
- Chris Chaney started college when he was 15 years old and was able to score high enough on standardized tests (ACT, SAT, etc.) to earn full scholarships to each college/university he attended.
Next time you see your teacher, be sure to ask them all about their accomplishments and you may find even more!