Top Ten Reasons to Become a Pharmacy Technician
Are you considering becoming a pharmacy technician? It’s a solid choice for a lifelong career – one filled with plenty opportunity and the kind of rewarding experiences and patient interaction that remind you why you pursued this path in the first place. Read on for reasons you may – or may not have considered – this as the ideal career for you!
- Become an important member of a health care team, working alongside pharmacists in pharmacies, drugstores, hospitals and other locations.
- Join a growing field! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook, this occupation is expected to grow 20% from 2012-2022, creating up to 70,700 new pharmacy technician jobs.
- Study at our beautiful Redding, California, location where our instructors are passionate about your success and will lead you through your pharmacy technician training with the personal attention that IOT is known for.
- Pharmacy technicians earn a median salary of $29,320 per year, with the top 10% of earners bringing in more than $42,400 per year.
- Further develop your interpersonal and communication skills in this customer-centric program.
- Fine-tune your technical skills as you learn to calculate dosages, order, stock, package and prepare medications.
- IOT has relationships with almost every pharmacy in the Redding area, allowing students to network with potential employers before they graduate.
- You can train for a job with high job security due to an aging population that highly utilizes prescription and non-prescription medications.
- You can take your IOT education and educate customers about their prescriptions so they can eventually help themselves.
- You can train right here in Redding, California, at our local IOT campus where training is convenient and affordable. Contact us for an appointment with an advisor so you can get started on your new career today!