Creative Cranberry Recipes
Cranberries are a traditional part of any holiday spread, and with good reason. Harvested from mid-September to mid-November in North America, these tart, tangy berries add a beautiful color and fresh, invigorating flavor to an early winter meal.
Still, sometimes it’s tough to think beyond the traditional cranberry sauce – even though that’s where the cranberry really shines.
Ditch the can-shaped cranberry sauce, wiggling and glistening in the middle of your holiday table, and incorporate this iconic berry into your meal with a variety of other (more appetizing) holiday dishes, such as:
- Cranberry eggnog cornbread scones: Looking for something to tide you over until the big family meal? Whip up a batch of these scones and enjoy the subtle cranberry and eggnog flavors
- Fluffy cranberry mousse: This brightly colored dessert is so flavorful that even a small amount will leave you satiated
- Chocolate-dipped cranberry cookies: Cranberries? Good. Chocolate? Goooood. What more is there to say?
- Cranberry cornmeal dressing: Skip the tired turkey stuffing and punch up your side with a cranberry kick
- Cranberry mojitos: A fun treat for the adults in the house, these cranberry mojitos give a classic summer drink a wintertime twist
- Mixed greens with goat cheese, cranberries and walnuts: This quick and easy salad is a fresh, healthy way to incorporate cranberries into the holidays
- Cranberry applesauce: Make this as a snack for the kids … just make sure you don’t eat it all yourself!
- Cranberry cobbler: Give this comforting dessert a perfect place – sitting next to the apple and pumpkin pies
What are some of YOUR family’s favorite cranberry recipes? Share them in the comments!